Why is my Post-op Nose Slanted Suddenly?

My nose looked good but still big when the cast came off and it was healing very well, or so it seemed. It was getting more defined and smaller, but today I woke up and 1 side of the bridge is skinnier than the other. This makes my nose look slanted. I am 2 weeks post op.

Nose slanted after rhinoplasty

+1

You are still very early in the healing process after nose surgery.

Sometimes the swelling reduces on one side more than it does on the other, and it may even out with time. The bones are still mobile during the first few weeks, and your surgeon might advise exercises to ensure that the bones stay in the midline.

Dr. Jamil Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Slanted Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

Swelling may resolve asymmetrically after Rhinoplasty. It is unlikely that your nasal bones shifted during your sleep. Be patient and talk to your surgeon.

Swelling of nose

+1

If you just woke up and just had surgery a few weeks ago, it is possible that the swelling on ones side may be more pronounced based on the position in which you had been sleeping.  It will take months for swelling to go down.