My Porcelain/metal Crown Fits Poorly. Can CEREC Replacements Be Done Without Viewing the Original Unprepped Tooth?

This was my first crown, tooth #30. Over correction on the bite resulted in a tooth that cannot grind, causes pain to bite in the crowned and opposing tooth. Dentist providing second opinion performed root canal and another minor adjustment to prevent unnecessarily replacing first crown. I'm choosing to replace it with CEREC but only have the original xrays of my teeth for comparison. Can CEREC be done effectively without scanning the unprepped tooth?

Cerec in place of Current Crown

+1

Scanning the tooth after removing the ill fitting crown is a neccessary step in creating a CEREC crown. This allows for it to make a precise crown for you.

Natick Cosmetic Dentist

Can a CEREC crown be done?

+1

You must remove the old crown correct the preparation and then scan and create a new crown good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

CEREC

+1

Yes. It can be done.  Cerec is a state of the art way of making a crown, and its faster that traditional methods.

Norwalk Cosmetic Dentist

Cerec Scan or Impression necessary for a custom fit dental crown

+1

That's a great question.  A cerec crown is custom made to your tooth to fit precisely.  The current ill-fitting crown would have to be removed.  The dentist will most likely polish the tooth a bit before scanning it or taking a mold.  Unforthunatelly, this is necessary to create a custom fit dental crown.  It should be a relatively easy procedure. Good Luck!

Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist