My plastic surgeon used a much smaller implant than we agreed upon? I'm heartbroken.

A week and a half a go I had a breast lift and implant exchange from an augmentation 16 years ago. I wanted to go much larger as my body is larger and I was 18 the first time and extremely thin. We agreed on Natrelle moderate+ 575cc gel implants over the muscle (as previous) and would try 700cc sizers during surgery, but I got 492cc moderate plus implants. I'm 5'8", 168 lb, and large framed. Before my surgery I was a small 36c. Now I'm a small 36d at best and possibly a very full 36c. ‚ô•broken

Implant decision

+1

While I think that it is the goal of every surgeon to place the volume that a patient desires into the breast pocket, it does not always work out that way due to size restrictions and skin redraping. Best to discuss this with your surgeon.

Measuring for a breast implant before surgery - Los Angeles

+1

Size and volume of a breast implant is an important decision. Biometrics help measure breast volume and I use them prior to surgery to maximize a natural fit.

Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Unhappy with implant size.

+1

Thanks for your question. I guess I always find questions such as yours difficult to answer, because I know how difficult it may be as a Plastic Surgeon to feel strongly about what size implant may be proper for an augmentation as judged at the time of the surgery when some other implant may have been discussed. Physicians do need to make serious decisions about these operations at the time of surgery, even knowing that this may completely disagree with previous opinions expressed. I would discuss this with your doctor, but I assume there is a good reason for his or her decision.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D. Board Certified Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Francis (Frank) William Rieger, MD

Implant size

+1

What occurred to you would not have happened in my practice so I can't really comment. We bring the implants into the pre-op room the day of surgery and have the patient literally sign off on the size chosen then in the OR I make it happen. No size surprises when the patient is awake!

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon