Should I Let my Plastic Surgeon Remove the Excess Skin to Help Diminish the Deep Crease Under my Butt? (photo)

I got lipo 2 years ago and was left with a crease 2 inch below my gluteal fold on the right side. My PS did two revisions wear he took more fat between the two creases and now I look like this. I am scheduled next week for him to remove the loose skin by making an incision and stitching it up. He says fat transfer isn't a good idea because the crease is so deep. At this point I just want to be able to wear jeans again w/o it accentuating the bad lipo. 2nd opinions please? I'm scared!

Gluteal Fold Surgery a Good Idea?

+2

You are wise to have the concerns that you have. I have seen several patients very unhappy after having undergone  similar procedures  that you describe. You may be best off seeking additional opinions  with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in your area before proceeding.  Carefully consider the pros/cons of additional surgery ( especially scarring…).

Crease under the buttock

+1

Fat tissue between gluteal fold and "new crease" is called "Banana deformity". Rarely is it improved with more liposuction or direct excision.  I think you heard our "2nd opinions". Go back to your surgeon and frankly discuss your  chances of improvement with direct excision . If you are not satisfied with the explanation you may want to consider a "2nd opinion in Person" by another Plastic Surgeon. I also tend to favor fat grafting for your problem but I only have your photos to go by.

Good luck!

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Correction of crease under infragluteal fold

+1

I personally do not like making an incision in the gluteal crease. It does not seem to help the problem and can make it worse. Your best option for this area is fat grafting.  It is possible to make it some better but a complete correction is most likely not possible. 

Should I Let my Plastic Surgeon Remove the Excess Skin to Help Diminish the Deep Crease Under my Butt?

+1

That is not an unreasonable option.  I would say that the buttock anatomy can be remarkably manipulated by fat grafting.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA