Can I Ask my Plastic Surgeon to Use Recently Approved Sientra/Silimed High Cohesive Gel Implant?

My surgery is coming up within 3 month and I just can't wait for Mentor and Allergan third generation implants to be approved by FDA. So I wanted to know If my surgeon could use Silimed instead of Mentor? As well as, Is the Silimed gummy bear implants will be more expensive than regular Allergan Natrelle Silicone gel implants?

Can I ask my surgeon

+1

Sure you can ask.

I opened an account with Sientra quickly and easily. The first pairs of implants that I ordered were delivered right away via Fedex.

Your surgeon will have a preference in terms of which company's product he prefers and you can understand and respect it. Prior to Sientra coming on the market, I respected the wishes of a patient who felt strongly that they wanted one brand and not another. As long as you are asking for a round implant, it is reasonable for you to make your prefence known to the surgeon.

However, if you are asking for an assymetrical oval base anatomic implant, you should understand that the vast majority of american plasic surgeons have never implanted such a device. It will take time until they appreciate its virtues and embrace them. Your surgeon may not be ready to go there yet.

I am paying more for the Sientra gummy bear anatomics.

Best wishes

Web reference: http://www.sadovecosmeticsurgery.com

Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Silimed Cohesive Gel Breast Implants

+1

Silimed Cohesive gel implants are now FDA approved and available.  You should ask your port certified surgeon about availability and experience in use.  I prefer their anatomic cohesive implants in selected patients that require slight nipple areolar lift.  Best of luck.

Using Silimed implants

+1

It is a good day for patient safety that we have a company that has made a commitment to only sell to Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.  We know through realself surveys that patients that have had their breast implants put in by Board Certified Plastic Surgeons have a much higher satisfaction rate than those that are not Board Certified or "Cosmetic surgeons".  

I have used a number of the Sientra implants, and they are definately available in the US now.  They are the ONLY implants that void the warranty if not put in by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, so you should DEFINATELY ask that they are used to make sure that your surgeon is who he says he is.  

I have used the Allergan cohesive implants that are called 410 implants (about 110 patients) and the Sientra cohesive is not as crosslinked as the 410's which make them a bit softer.  The textured surface is a bit different as well.  

Good luck to you. 

Sientra implants cohesive gels

+1

While the Sientra may have been recently approved buy the FDA, I believe that they are still not availalbe to be used clinically.

Silimed implants have been approved by the FDA but I don't believe the company is selling them just yet.

+1

I think the Silimed implants are about to become available.  They have been approved but distribution has not started, at least to my office.  I think you can expect availability shortly.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm