Why Does One of my PIP Replacement Implants Keep Dropping?

I had my original breast augmention done 5 years ago and 2 months ago had them replaced due to them being the PIP implants. They were both symmetrical whilst standing but whenever I lied down the right breast would flip into my armpit. Over this last couple of weeks the right breast has now started to drop lower than the left which has remained the same appearance and touch as the original implants. Can someone please help it seems to be getting worse! There is no pain!!

Breast Implant Displacement Problems after Breast Augmentation?

+2

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you are experiencing. Based on your description, it is likely that you are experiencing implants displacement laterally and inferiorly (on the right side).  Given that you are only two months out of your procedure, it will be in your best interest to wait on having further surgery to correct the implant displacement.

The lateral and inferior breast implant displacement can be corrected using  internal suture technique decreasing the size of the pockets and moving the implants upwards and toward the midline.  Repositioning of the breast implants will also improve the positioning of the nipple/areola on the breast mounds.

I think you may find the attached link helpful.

Implants keep dropping

+1

Thank you for the question. What you are describing is implant malposition. The right breast has lateral and inferior malposition. During the implant replacements surgery, capsulectomy may have been performed and that has affected the breast pocket. 

My advice for you is to wait for 4-6 months and the reevaluate the breast. I also advise you to communicate your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Repair of the malposition is usually performed with internal suturing technique. Good luck

Moneer Jaibaji, MD