Can my Physically Damaged Eyebrow Be Surgically Improved? (photo)

Greetings. I have an issue with my left eyebrow curving downwards near the center region of my face, giving it somewhat of a discontent look. I was not born with this defect, it was caused by a sparring injury. Through physical inspection, I can feel that the outer edge of the eyebrow has been pushed inwards and slightly downwards, causing the support of my eyebrow to substantially collapse. I'd like to hear from you about what options I may have to fix this problem. Thank you for your input.

Eyebrow Injury Repair

+2

It may be possible to get some improvement in your complaints by using a filler to to help augment the area and lift the eybrow up. This is a simple procedure and certainly would be worth trying before going to a surgical intervention such as an endoscopic brow lift which may also help with evening your brows. It it important to examine your in person and see if there is any mobility damage as well to determine the proper surgical plan. Best regards!

Eyebrow problem

+2

It would be important to observe the mobility of the region as the injury could be affecting your appearance differently with the usual changes of expression. Assuming the appearance is mostly as seen in these photos, a combination of filling with an injectible substance or a surgically implanted one combined with a lifting procedure might work for you. This an unusual and challenging situation. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting to Depressed Eyebrow

+2

Since your decription is of an injury that has pushed the inner eyebrow inward and down, you may consider injectable fat grafting to it. This would be a simple procedure that by adding back volume may be able elevate the eyebrow out and upward by injecting underneath it. The procedure would have no negative effects other than how effective it would be and how much fat would survive.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Eyebrow injury repair.

+2

The inner part of your brow can be elevated to give a more relaxed look. You also have eyelid and eye shape asymmetry. 

Scar formation?

+1

A physical examination is imperative. The eyebrow is a highly dynamic structure and we would need to assess movement in addition to its static appearance. Furthermore, if this was an injury with an existing scar, it would be important for us to feel the scar as well.

Botox and fillers [fat or commercial products] may be options instead of incisional surgery.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Options for Repair of Physically Damaged Eyebrows

+1

I see a couple of options.  One is to undergo some type of very limited central blepharoplasty.  A second is for a midforehead or even direct (along the upper edge of the eyebrow) browlift be performed.  Lastly, giving a more elevated appearance to the eyebrows can be achieved with hair grafting along the upper border and plucking out the lower eyebrow hairs.  This is a tough procedure, so make sure you find a surgeon with experience.

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can my Physically Damaged Eyebrow Be Surgically Improved?

+1

It is likely that Botox will be able to adjust the height of the medial eyebrow to improve your symmetry. However, if the underlying issue is a facial fracture resulting from your boxing injury (unlikely in this location) then a filler might be a better option to support the eyebrow. A consultation would be required to determine which option will be superior.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Changing shape of eyebrow

+1

The downward tilting of your inner eyebrow is probably due to the action of the Corrugator and Depressor muscles. These muscle can be relaxed with either Botox or Dysport. If this treatment works than you could consider having the muscles surgically treated with an endoscopic browlift procedure.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Eyebrow repair

+1

The scars can be revised and asymmetric eyebrows can be corrected by either fillers such as fat or synthetic ones. Surgical correction is more definitive.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon