Are my photo shopped results possible with a tiplasty? (photo)

I have a 2nd consult March 18th. the doctor told me last consult he wouldn't need to break my bone; that he would give me an alar base reduction and the tipplasty to reduce the bulbous nose & bring it closer to the face and make it less wide. I didn't like the frontal morph from his office but I like the one I made. is this shown result achievable?

computer imaging for tip platy

+2
The nose is a three-dimensional structure so it's very difficult to give an opinion based on only one image. Remember the Computer imaging is just a form of communication, not a guarantee of results. Most patients cannot undergo a a tip plasty only, and must do the entire nose. The tip plasty procedure involves narrowing the nasal tip with suture techniques and an alar platy technique involves removal of a small wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils. It's important to see the side profile and three-quarter profiles of the nose before making any judgments on a three-dimensional structure

Rhinoplasty results are not done as well on the computer for many noses.

+2
Rhinoplasty results are not done as well on the computer for many noses. Choose a surgeon who does very natural noses on live people!

Are My Imaged Rhinoplasty Results Possible?

+2
Imaging or photoshopping is a means of communication to understand what a patient wants, it is not however a guarantee of the results. Those imaged results are a good goal and they may be achievable but there would be no guarantee that it would be so. If you do the surgery, I would always expect something less than what the imaging predict...then you will not be disappointed.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Photo shopped results for rhinoplasty

+2
Of course you would need an exam to confirm, but it is likely that your photo shopped result is possible, though it might take more than just a tip procedure to keep the whole nose in balance and narrow the bridge. If you like what you made better, another consult might help.

Rhinoplasty Goals

+2
Your photo-shopped results are realistic if your surgery is done by an expert, experienced rhinoplasty specialist. Look at the results of your surgeon in patients who looked like you before surgery.

Making the nose smaller

+1
Its hard to comment without profile (side ) views of the nose. The nose cannot be made significantly smaller if there is a dorsal hump even it is a small one. The narrowing of the tip and reduction of the alar base is critical but will not narrow the upper 2/3 of the nose. That needs the osteotomies.

Regards
Dr. J
Disclaimer: This answer is not intended to give a medical opinion and does not substitute for medical advice. The information presented in this posting is for patients’ education only. As always, I encourage you to see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Are my photo shopped results possible with a tiplasty?

+1
I think you really do not understand computer generated results vs in vivo results! No one can predict results do to biologic event called healing... 

+1
   The goal would require tip refinement, bridge narrowing, and alar base reduction.