My Philtrum is Too Prominent, Can Anything Be Done? (photo)

The ridges are too high making it very prominent and in my opinion masculine looking. Can anything be done to reduce the size of the ridges? I wouldn't want to fill the center because that would just make that area protrude even more.

Philtrum prominence

+2

There isn't a good way to reliably reduce this feature.  You are best to leave it alone.  Do not try any excision or micro-liposuction of the area - these would be prone to complications.  

My Philtrum is Too Prominent, Can Anything Be Done?

+2

IMHO, this should not be touched.  If you'd like to improve the overall appearance of the mouth area aesthetically, try some Restylane or Juvederm to the lips.

Prominent philtrum.

+2

A prominent philtrum will decrease in size as you age. Your philtrum looks great and does not make a masculine appearance. Leave it alone please.