One of my Pec Implants Sits Higher Than the Other 3 Weeks Post-Op, Will It Drop? (photo)

The reason I ask is that I am 3 weeks post-op and my left pec implant seems to sit a bit higher,is less full than the right one and it looks tighter. My surgeon said to give it some time as he believes it'll drop. Massage? I`m assuming pec implants need a good 3-4 months for optimal results as well,but I would like some other opinions as my Surgeon advised me that he would be away for the Holiday Season and this is bothering me quite a bit despite feeling that I am being premature about it all.

One of my Pec Implants Sits Higher Than the Other 3 Weeks Post-Op, Will It Drop?

+1

You have a very nice early result, and there will be adjustment of the position during healing. Continue to follow with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Pectoral-Implants.php

Asymmetry after pectoral implants

+1

It looks like your left breast fold is higher than the right which could be the reason the left side is higher right now. If your surgeon lowered this to match the right side, the implant should eventually settle to match the right side. However, it takes longer than 3 weeks. You need to wait a few months to assess the situation.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Pec Implant Recovery

+1

At 3 weeks post op, you are not seeing your final results.  You  will continue to heal and the implant will very likely settle.  Be patient and continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Best Wishes.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_pecimplant.htm