My PA Does Capsulectomy, Not En Bloc, I Have Cfs and Will This Be Enough to Get All Scar Tissue and Silicone Out?

Capsulectomy, Not En Bloc for gel leak?

I feel that an en bloc resection is a more reliable way of removing all the capsule with the least chance of leaking gel. All the best. 

Need complete capsulectomy with implant removal if ruptured

If you had a ruptured silicone gel implant then the best surgical options is to perform a complete capsulectomy.  This is the only way to remove all of the microscopic silicone oil particles that are embedded in the capsule.  

Hello! Thank you for your question! It is a matter of surgeon preference as well as what is seen during your procedure that will determine whether or not a complete capsulectomy is performed. If significant capsule formation is seen intraoperatively, a full capsule removal may be warranted with a drain in order to completely remove all of the tissue and allow better adherence of your breast back to its normal anatomic position down on your chest wall. If minimal contracture is seen, it may be possible to leave the capsule, or place cuts within the capsule to allow better adherence. It truly is dependent on what is seen with your capsule and the issues that may be causing you to have such a procedure (e.g., contracture from rutptured implant vs pain vs simple pocket adjustment, etc).

Without knowing your issues and without an examination, it is difficult to tell you what may be the best thing for you. I tend to favor performing capsulectomies (in an en bloc fashion) in order to create a fresh pocket, reshape the pocket, allow better shape and adherence of the overlying breast. I would discuss your issues with your plastic surgeon who will assist you in determining the right modality for you. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD