Is my Breast Augmentation Outcome Favorable? (photo)

hello. I appreciate any input. I had surgery on August 24, 2012. 304 cc, midrange profile under the muscle. Slight asymmetry pre-op (photo) Immediately post-op breasts were even and healing well. Left breast has dropped and is doing well. Right breast developed capsular contracture at about 1 month post-op. Have been on singulair and should take it for a month. Since it has softened a great deal but still looking higher and smaller. Am I doomed for revision? thank you.

Is my Outcome Favorable?

+2

It is still not too early to give up hope for symmetry. Continue the massage and the singulair ans prescribed and hold tight for another 3 months before thinking revision. 

I suspect you will eventually benefit from a revision

+2

Thank you for the question and the photos.  Continue to take the singulair and massage aggressively.  Once you feel like the process has completed and your are no longer seeing any improvements you will likely benefit from a revision.  I suspect you will benefit, at that time, from a capsulectomy and implant exchange on that breast.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=227&StartRow=6

Favorable outcome

+2

A lot of what you are seeing right now are early post operative changes. Please allow more time to pass, at least 6 months to 9 months before you start looking at your results really critically.

Concerns about Results of Breast Augmentation Surgery...

+2

The breast asymmetry that you are referring to is obvious in the pictures you have posted. As you know, you did have a moderate amount of breast asymmetry  preoperatively as well. For example, the distance from the areola to the inframammary fold was  shorter on your right side compared to left side preoperatively and continues to be the case postoperatively. Some of your current breast asymmetry is undoubtedly related to breast implant asymmetry probably related to the encapsulation. I would suggest that you continue your current treatments under close supervision of your plastic surgeon. Ask to see if he recommends massage as well. Only time (several months) will tell whether revision surgery will be necessary;  I would not say that you are “doomed” at this point. 

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Breast asymmetry

+2

It is a bit too early to see the final result. One breast is larger than the other but certainly within normal limits.  Follow closely with your surgeon.

Breast Augmentation

+2

You are still healing from your surgery.  Be sure to follow up with your surgeon to express your concerns for the best result.

Hello

+2

It is still early on to see your final results. Are you using a breast band to help the right implant drop into position?

Favorable Outcome after Breast Augmentation

+1

Without a proper exam I can't tell you if the diagnosis of capsular contracture is accurate or not. What I do see is a significant asymmetry in the position of your Infra-Mamammary Fold (IMF) in the 7 week postop photo. You and I agree that the left breast looks good. The right breast probably feels firmer than the left. And, this is why you were told that you have capsular contracture. You can try to massage the right breast to facilitate settling of the right breast implant. Otherwise, the simple solution would be to lower right IMF to match the left IMF. This will allow the right implant to drop. The right breast will feel less firm when the IMF is lowered because the pocket will have more space. 

Thanks for your photo and question. Best of Luck!