After Otoplasty; On my left ear the stitching looks poor and my skin is bumpy. Will it scar this way? (photo)

Scar

+1
Unless you develop keloids or hypertrophic scarring, this will all smooth and flatten out over time. Be patient.

Incision care after Otoplasty

+1
Dear eversanchez
  • The initial phase after surgery will have some bumps and swelling which will flatten out.
  • The incisions are slightly crusted, consider adding additional ointment.
  • Discuss the wound care that your surgeon prefers for your incisions. 
Best Wishes

Travis T. Tollefson, MD, MPH
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Healing after Otoplasty

+1
Healing after ear pinning or otoplasty can take 1-2 weeks on average. Follow up with your surgeon to express your concerns.

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

After Otoplasty; On my left ear the stitching looks poor and my skin is bumpy. Will it scar this way?

+1
The photos show that the operation was only a few days or a week ago. The bumpy skin will most probably become smooth again in the following weeks or months. It is too early to definitely say how the scar will look. If you have a predisposition to normal scar formation, the scar will be inconspicuous. If, on the other hand, you should have a tendency towards hypertrophic scar formation or keloids that don’t, however, occur frequently, then the scar will be visible as a bump. Fortunately, there is now the new minimally invasive stitch method, by which scars are no longer possible.

Waldemar Merck, MD
Germany Plastic Surgeon

Healing of Otoplasty Incision.

+1
Your pictures show swelling and bruising, making it look like your surgery was recent. It is still too early to pronounce judgement, but it looks appropriate for early healing phase. Keep plenty of antibiotic ointment in the incision. Incisions heal better in a slightly moist environment. 

C.W. David Chang, MD
Columbia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Suturing with Otoplasty

+1
The irregularities in your incision appear to be normal.  You seem to be relatively early following the procedure and I would expect the incision to continue to improve.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon.

Michael Sundine, MD