Was my Otoplasty Done Correctly? (photo)

I had otoplasty on both ears 3 weeks ago. My PS told me my ears would be a lot closer to my head and held my ears back to demonstrate the expected outcome. Straight after the bandages were removed I noticed a huge difference and was so happy with the results, however as time goes on they seem to be protruding more and more each day...my question is does it look like it was carried out correctly and should I be satisfied with the results or insist on a revision to be carried out and if so when?

Was my Otoplasty Done Correctly?

+1

Dear noah,

Thank you for your question.  There is always the possibility of some slight adjustments after your surgery. Wait for 3-6 months to see final result, then re-assess with your surgeron.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Otoplasty was done correctly

+1

but asymmetries can occur.  You should stay in contact with your surgeon and if your asymmetry is considerable, discuss the possibilities of revisions with your surgeon.  Your surgeon was there in surgery and knows best what was done and what can be done to improve results.

Curtis Wong, MD

Was my Otoplasty Done Correctly?

+1

Your ear shape should not change very much after surgery.  From the photos you posted after surgery, I can see some asymmetry between the right and left sides.  You should express your concern to your original surgeon.   He will probably want to wait to do a revision for a few months to allow healing from the first surgery to be finished.

John F. Reinisch, MD