My Otoplasty was done 16days. Stiching method, and very unsatisfied with the results. What should i do? (photos)

unhappy because my right ear is missing the fold. my left ear is stiched badly from the back;its bumpy and it looks ambarasing

My Otoplasty was done 16days. Stiching method, and very unsatisfied with the results. What should i do?

+1
It’s too soon to say anything about the final result just 16 days after the operation. When you say “Stiching method”, do you mean the stitch method, or one of the traditional methods which also involves stitches? In the photos it looks more like a traditional method, as I believe the threads can be seen in the crease between the ear and where it is attached to the head, whereas with the stitch method, the threads lie in the deepest part of the retroauricular sulcus on the back of the highest part of the antihelix fold.

Germany Plastic Surgeon

+1
Your ears haven't healed yet.  It is too early to see the result from your surgery.  I would suggest wiring at least 3 months.  By then you should be able to see what was or wasn't accomplished by your surgery.  If you are still unsatisfied, you should return to your original surgeon and let him see the result and ask what he/she suggests.

John F. Reinisch, MD

Otoplasty (ear pinning)

+1
You should notice a nearly immediate result after otoplasty or ear pinning surgery.  If you have any concerns about the appearance and how you are healing, you should certainly bring those concerns up to your surgeon immediately.  

P. Daniel Ward, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon