What Are my Options For My Downturned Nose and Drooping Tip? (photo)

I am from UK and the shape of my nose extremely puts me down. It curved down extremely. I have been to 2 surgeons and they said the same 1. the nose is too small and an operation might restrict the air passage even further. 2. the cartilage tissue, which supports the entire nose is too low, that even after operation it will still look curvy somewhat.

Reshaping the nose with rhinoplasty

+1

One of the keys in reducing the risk of revision surgery is to provide support to the nose during the primary rhinoplasty.  Even when refining and making a nose smaller, I like to make the nose stronger with appropriate cartilage grafts.  With this approach your breathing should be improved after surgery, not worsened.  With the right surgeon, you can definitely achieve significant improvement.   

Tension nose deformity

+1

It appears from the one photo that you have provided that you have what is commonly referred to as a classic tension nose deformity. The correction involves to some extent taking down the dorsal or high septum and elevating the tip and providing tip support. It really should not negatively impact your breathing if done correctly. Good luck finding a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for a Droopy Tip

+1

Thank you for posting this question and your photo. Rhinoplasty can be used to reshape your nose and lift the droopy ("ptotic") tip. In addition, the inside of the nose can be supported using your own cartilage (typically taken from the nasal septum). This can improve your breathing by widening the airway. Lastly, the curvature of the outside of your nose is likely due in part to the shape of your bridge (nose bones and the top of the septum). This can be reduced during a rhinoplasty. Please see a qualified rhinoplasty surgeon for an in-person evaluation of form and function.

Web reference: http://www.sanfranciscofacialplasticsurgery.com/ethnic-rhinoplasty.php

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Are my Options For My Downturned Nose and Drooping Tip?

+1

You need MORE IN PERSON evaluations to determine the correct operation for your nose. Seek them in UK 

Downturned Nose and Droopy Tip

+1

The appearance of your nose can be greatly enhanced using your own cartilage to support it and improve the droopiness.  At the same time, it is important to consider the inside anatomy of your nose to prevent problems breathing afterwards.  Please consult with an experienced surgeon who is extremely knowledgeable about the inside and outside anatomy of your nose can help you achieve the results you seek.  

Web reference: http://www.kimberlyleemd.com/about-us

Droopy tip rhinoplasty

+1

This nose will be a difficult rhinoplasty procedure to perform. This nose will require multiple cartilage grafts  in addition to rotation of the tip and hump reduction end releasing the depressor septi ligament. Look for a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon  who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries and get several opinions before  proceeding.

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty to improve downturned and ptotic tip

+1

With an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, you could improve the aesthetic aspects of your nose that you dislike, while maintaining and even improving your breathing.  Your ptotic (droopy) tip could be improved and your profile straightened while reinforcing the structure of your nose with cartilage grafts from your own body.

Rhinoplasty for the hump and drooping tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the hump and drooping tip involves supporting your very weak tip and increasing the tip projection. If this is not done well you will end up with a polybeak deformity that you see so often done by inexperienced surgeons.

Downturned Nasal Tip

+1

From the one photo provided, it looks like you would benefit from a septorhinoplasty procedure. This would include repositioning the nasal tip in a more appropriate location and reducing the nasal bridge. At the same time I would recommend spreader grafts to stabilize the bridge of the nose during the healing process. Make sure you consult with someone who has dedicated experience in this type of very complex surgery.

Web reference: http://www.drhilinski.com

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

The key to rhinoplasty is structure and support

+1

It is common to treat small noses with drooping tips with rhinoplasty. Traditional reduction rhinoplasty can certainly restrict breathing. However, modern techniques more commonly use grafts to support the nasal structures to maintain and sometimes even improve breathing. These grafts are usually taken from your own septum and sometimes from the flat part of your ear so it's not noticable at all. You should see a rhinoplasty specialist for another opinion.