What Are my Options? (photo)

Hello everyone! I'm 5'7, 160 lbs, 23 year old and I'm a 34C. I'm interested in getting a breast lift and augmentation, possibly without scars. However, my breast sag too much in my opinion and I'm wondering if it will be possible to avoid getting a lollipop or anchor incision. I really want to know what y'all experiences have been with patients like me before seeing doctors for a consultation. What options do I have, if any? Thank you!

You are not the only one

+2

Thank you for bringing forward a very common concern and sharing your personal photographs.  Your breasts appear saggy because the infra-mammary fold (where your breasts join your abdomen) is high and your breast tissue has draped over. Your nipple and areolae are not centered, so at a minimum, an incision around them will permit lifting, to re-centralize them and make you more balanced.  A higher profile implant gives you some additional lifting.  I think you can avoid the anchor scar, but your examination will be central to a definitive statement.  Good luck!

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Options for breast augmentation with lift

+2

Thanks for sharing your photos.  Based on your photos, you will most likely need breast augmentation with circumvertical (lollipop) lift.  Although no one wants scars on our breasts, scars will result when we cut into breast skin/tissue.  It is better to have a longer scar than a small scar that stretches and doesn't heal well from too much tension.   Unless you have personal or family history of keloids, scars on breasts usually heal well.  Good luck to you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Breast options

+2

Thank you for posting your photos.  Although a formal physical exam is needed to make any recommendations, I would likely suggest a breast augmentation with a circumvertical lift (lollipop scar).  I know some women are concerned about scarring associated with a lift.  However, to correct the sagging and improve the nipple position, you will need some form of scar to acheive that much better form.  Please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Surgery Option for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I think you will likely be best off undergoing breast augmentation surgery along with a “vertical” mastopexy. This operation would result in a scar around the areola and vertically (“lollipop").

Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.
I hope the attached link is helpful to you.

Breast Augment

+1

All the docs here are great and I agree I would offer a vertical lift with a reasonable implant to accomplish all of your goals GOOD LUCK

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Always choose the incision(s) that will give you the best shape and result

+1

Thank you for the photos.  Your main options are the following:  1) breast augmentation with purse-string breast lift (doughnut) or 2) breast augmentation with circumvertical breast lift (lollipop).  They will both improve the volume of your breasts and the position of your areolas.  Option #2 is the only option that will also improve the shape and position of your existing breast tissue that is located below the level of the breast fold.  If you desire the best result I would recommend option #2 performed by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

The fastest way to happiness is acceptance of reality

+1

Hi there-

It is going to be very important to your safety and happiness over the long term that you first accept that your breasts are very droopy (your nipples are pointing at the floor in the photos you posted) and that this cannot be corrected without a breast lift- and that all breast lifts produce scars... The idea is to do everything possible to achieve a very thin and inconspicuous scar (this is another topic altogether).

Once you've accepted that, you need to understand the importance of prioritizing your goal above all other details. In other words, in your own mind, and in all communications with surgeons you are considering, it is vital that you always place the appearance you desire for your breasts above all else.

This is really important because not all breast lift techniques will produce equivalent changes in the shape of your breasts, and while it may be possible for you to minimize the scar by finding a surgeon willing to do what you ask, you may regret it each time you look in the mirror.

The best advice I could give you is to find the most skilled and talented, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon you can and visit for a consultation. Look at lots of photos of their work and think carefully about your decisions.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

What Are my Options?

+1

Wishing and obtains the ideal result are in your case two different things, sorry. In my opinion based upon the posted photos you need a full lifting plus ultra high profile implants. Again sorry. 

Breast Lift or Breast Lift with Implants......

+1

I wish there was a "Scarless Surgery" option.  Unfortunately, surgery involves cutting of the skin which always results in scars.  A breast lift is a trade.... drooping deflated looking breasts without scars for perky, full nicer shaped breasts with scars.   No one likes scars, including me.  We always do everything we can to minimize how many and how long the scars will be as well as to make the best scar possible.  However, your body is what makes the scar.  We can only guide it along the way. 
Looking at your pictures, it appears that you will need a vertical lift (lollypop scar) or a full lift (anchor shaped scar).  Performing a lift with just a scar around your areola is an option, but will likely result in enlarged and possibly irregular shaped areola as time passes (usually about a year).  Although no one wants or likes scars, the scars from the first two options are usually quite minimal.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Mastopexy scarring

+1
Unfortunately, scarless surgery is a fantasy. Scarring occurs whenever the skin is cut full thickness. Everyone scars differently and some patients have scars which fade such that they aren't noticeable but no one can promise you this. I think based on your photos, you would benefit most from the lollipop procedure. See a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss alternatives.

Robert L. Kraft, MD