What Are my Options with my Nose? (photo0

Since I was a teenager I became aware of how big my nose was in comparison to other womens and to my facial features. My nose is large and wide, when I run my fingers down it from the top I feel a slight bump up but then the rest of it feels pretty straight. From the sides, it goes out at the upper third and in again towards the tip. I wouldn't want it to be changed to the point where it doesn't look like my nose anymore (and not myself) but an improvement, I would like a more feminine nose.

A wide nasal bridge

+2

I agree that you have a nice tip and just require a narrowing of the dorsum and the bridge, (bone), of your nose. It will feminize your nose without changing the shape that much and it will make your eyes look bigger and stand out more. I have a Vectra 3D imager that allows you to see what this can do for your nose and face. These days, we are much more conservative in retaining the shape of noses with subtle but beautiful refinement. 

Your Quest for A More Feminine Nose

+2

In my opinion you actually do have a feminine appearing nose from the lower 1/3 of your bridge to the tip. Your nose shows good width at the base (nostril to nostril)  and a well defined and feminine tip. I would concentrate on improvement of the bridge only in the following manner:

1. Slight dorsal hump removal
  2. A modilization of the nasal bones inward to reduce the overall width of the bridge.
  3. No Tip Refinement would be needed.

The result should give you:

1. A weel defined nose with the bridge in balance with the tip
  2. A subtle change in your appearance with out the dreaded done look. 

Be sure to consult with a surgeon that has a significant amount ot experience in this field. 

Web reference: http://www.ruckermd.com/photographs-cosmetic.php#rhinoplasty

Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon

Options with my Nose? #nosejob

+1

You have so many options. The beauty of Rhinoplasty surgery is that there are so many maneuvers that can be tailored to what you want. You certainly could have the bump reduced and some tip work to refine the look you want. The key here is that you know exactly what you want and that you are able to communicate that to your surgeon. When I have a patient that waivers and can't really tell me what they want changed about their nose I get worried. So seek a board certified surgeon who specializes in Rhinoplasty or has a passion for Rhinoplasty like myself and have an in office exam to outline your goals. Many patients have breathing problems that need to be fixed at the same time as well. Good luck!

Cosmetic Rhinoplasty

+1

The bump along the bridge line is composed of both bone and cartilage.  Once the bridge is shaved down, osteotomies are performed to narrow and refine  the nasal bones, so that an open roof does not occur.  No tip work is necessary.  Best to seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon, and have computer imaging performed at the time of the consultation. 

Web reference: http://seattle-rhinoplasty.com

Rhinoplasty Options

+1

Many women and men are concerned about the shape or contour of their nose. It sounds like your concerns regarding your nose are realistic, and it is definitely possible through a rhinoplasty procedure to have the dorsal hump straightened and still maintain the basic shape of your nose. Please consult a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty. You should feel comfortable about discussing your concerns about getting rid of the bump in your nose while maintaining a nice balance and proportion for the rest of your face and still looking like yourself.  Good luck to you.

Web reference: http://stevenringlermd.com/facial-procedures-grand-rapids/surgical/nasal-surgery-rhinoplasty/

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Surgery Option

+1

Your concerns are reasonable and based just upon the photos you provided a nice refinement of the nose should be possible, without it dramatically changing you appearance. A reduction of the nasal bridge with an associated narrowing of the bony nasal vault would offer a nice improvement to your features. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Web reference: http://www.westonsurgery.com

Dorsal Aesthetic Line Improvement in Rhinoplasty

+1

There are several techniques that can be utilized to improve the dorsal aesthetic line, which comprises the hump as well.  No other part need necessarily be altered.  However, full facial photographs or an in-person consultation would be necessary to make any further recommendations about the nose size and shape and facial proportions.  Find a rhinoplasty surgeon with ELITE credentials who has performed hundreds (or thousands) of rhinoplasties.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.