What Are my Options to Minimize my Cleft Chin and Make It More Feminine? (photo)

What Are my Options to Minimize my Cleft Chin and Make It More Feminine?

+1

The cleft can be filled with soft tissue repositioning and possible grafting.   The width of the chin can be narrowed as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Feminizing the Chin with Cleft Elimination

+1

For a permanent change to your chin cleft and wider chin width, a chin reshaping procedure to fill in the cleft of the bone, repair the split muscle and shave down the lateral tubercles (sides) would give your chin a more narrow andminimal to non-clefted appearance. This is done from inside the mouth. Injectable fillers and fat can also be tried but these will neither be permanent or make the chin less wide, although they will fill in the cleft.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Cleft chins are a great indication for dermal filler. Radiesse tends to work the best and provide the most natural contour. The cleft is basically filled with Radiesse to provide a smooth contour. The results typically last at least 12 months. This is a safe, in office procedure with very high satisfaction. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon