What is my Best Options for Type of Lift and Placement of Implants? (photo)

I am looking to get a lift and augmentation in hopes of obtaining a perky full C size cup using saline implants. I am 47 years old and have had two kids which I breastfed. As you can tell I have some issues with sagging. What would you recommend as the best possible solution to get the results I want?

Breast lift options

+1

I would definitely perform a lift along with the implant.  I would perform a vertical lift with a lollipop scar in your case.

Options for breast lift?

+1

Hello and thanks for your post. There are several options with regards to a breast lift technique to improve saggy breasts and implants to enhance the cup size and shape. Online, it is not possible to make a recommendation. A consultation would be best to evaluate the skin elasticity and breast volume. Seek a board certified PS. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast lift

+1

I think that obtaining a full c cup is more than realistic. It looks like you have about 4-5 cm of ptosis by photos, so I would say that a lollypop lift ( scar looks like a lollypop) with a submuscular implant would be what I suggest. I do not like to put in a very very large implant to avoid a lift, as I feel that the breast will not look as natural and will sag too quickly.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation/Mastopexy (Breast Lift)

+1

Your hopes of obtaining a perky full C size are very realistic.  My advise would be to place submuscular implants (saline is fine, if that is what you desire), and do a full mastopexy - I think this will give you the best shape.  The scar will be around the areola (the dark part around your nipple), down the front of your breast, and back and forth in the breast crease.  These scars usually heal great and the shape is perky round and lifted.  Your nipple will then be in the center of your breast and smaller.  The implant will replace that upper breast fullness and roundness as well as give you great cleavage.  You are a great candidate for a breast lift and augmentation.  All the best!  K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgeon

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

What is my Best Options for Type of Lift and Placement of Implants?

+1

If you placed saline implants in a submuscular plane and had a full breast lift or a vertical lift to help resuspend the breasts, this would give the breasts a perky look with superior pole fullness.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Breast Augmentation and Breast Lift.

+1

Thank you for the very nice photos that you  included with your question.  From these photographs, it appears to me that your left breast is longer, wider and larger than the right breast.  This asymmetry can be corrected at sugery.  A breast lift would correct the droopiness, but an augmentation would be needed to correct the lack of upper pole fullness.  Also, it looks like your breasts have drooped enough to require a regular lift (with the lollipop incision) rather than a minilift with a smaller incision.

Keep in mind that the two procedures ( a breast lift and breast augmentation) ar in a sense antagonistic:  Adding weight to the breasts would add to the tendency for the ptosis (or droopiness) to recur.  Accordingly, I generally prefer to place the implants in a submuscular position and to use a more modest size implant when combining the two procedures.  Your intereset in reaching a size C would certainly be in accord with these comments.

Either a saline or  a silicome implant would work well in this situation, and the choice should be yours, after an informed discussion with your plastic surgeon about which would be best for you. Such a discussion would involve your choice of how they feel, the potential need for mammagrams in the future, the liability toward develping hard breasts (capsular contracture) and a range of other issues.

A face to face conversation with a plastic surgeon is, of course, mandatory to enable you to personally evaluate what your choice of porcedure will be.

Norman S. Levine, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

What is my Best Options for Type of Lift and Placement of Implants

+1

Best advice will come in the setting of an in person consultation with a surgeon. 

Based on the photos, you would do best with a vertical lift to correct the sagging, and an implant the size of which is best determined in part by trying on sizers. I think you would be happier with silicone implants, and this is something to discuss with your surgeon. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.