What Are my Options for a Slight Breast Lift?

I will likely have a more invasive procedure done later in life, but am so miserable with my breasts that I am hoping to correct the sagging appearance somewhat until then. Almost all of the mass of my 32DD breasts is quite low and my nipples, though not pointing downward, are positioned at the bottom of my breasts. I am not looking for perfection just slightly better shape. I do not seem to have very much excess skin. Could I possibly get a 3-4cm circumareolar lift to hold for 5-10 years?

Breast Lift Options Guidlines

+1

Periareolar vs Lollipop Breast Lift for Perky Breasts
Without an exam and learning from you more information about your wishes it is hard to give you a definitive answer. The answer to your question lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.?  However from your description  it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you. periareolar lift. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift), inverted T or anchor pattern may be required.

Breast Lift - Mastopexy Options

+1

There various options for breast lift procedures.  There are limited periareolar and vertical incision options.  Lastly, there is inverted T or anchor incisions as an options.  Only with an examination will your surgeon be able to discuss which options are appropriate for you.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Type of Breast Lift Indicated?

+1

It is not possible to give you good advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. However, generally speaking, breast lifting of 3 to 4 cm is not accomplished well with circumareolar lifting only. The description of your breasts size also suggests that a “limited” breast lift will not be sufficient.

I would suggest that you wait until the appropriate time in your life to undergo surgery;  at that time, proceed with an operation that will give you the best results possible. Most patients undergoing breast lift surgery (If properly selected and who are doing the operations and the right time of their lives) accept the scars associated with breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery as long as they are happy with the improvement in contour, size, and symmetry. This acceptance of the scars is the essential “trade-off” associated with many of the procedures we do and the field of plastic surgery.

Areloar lift

+1

Hi, from your description of the size and the nipple location it sounds like you have what we call a grade 3 ptosis or sagging. for early grades of sagging, an implant or an areloar lift (or both) can be effective, but assuming you have a grade 3 ptosis i would recommend an inverted T mastopexy without an implant, since you already have a DD breast size.

without pictures or examination it is tough to say so I recommend you consult with a certified plastic surgeon and discuss your options based on the examination.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Breast Lift- Choice of Incision Location

+1

hi Anon-- As other surgeons have noted, it's hard to give an opinion without a photo.  In many cases a  Bennelli (periareolar) lift can be done. I use this technique often, especially when I do a lift with implants.

Please read my recent blog entry below . I've also attached a video on the crescent lift mastopexy. However, that technique is only good for minimal lifting.  In any event, when you do have an in person consultation, be sure to discuss the incision choice in detail! 

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Options for a breast lift

+1

Dear Anon,

Judging from your description, it sounds like you need a full lift. I understand your hesitation in not considering a full lift, but now those concerns can be put to rest. There is a new technique called the Ultimate Breast Lift that does not require a vertical scar regardless of breast size or level of sagginess. This technique preserves the majority of your mammary glands and does not interfere with nipple sensation. An "internal bra" is constructed from your excess skin to provide longevity to the lift. This is not a cookie cutter procedure like the others. Different parameters are considered to design the ideal breast for any woman. I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Circumareolar breast lift is a bad option for major sagging.

+1

Hi.

1)  When you go with a circular scar, skin can only be removed and tightened around the nipples, and that produces a flat pancake-like shape.  That is why this technique is useful only for minimal sagging, or together with breast implants.

2)  A well done Lejour vertical, lollipop scar breast lift (with or without slight reduction), which is what you need, is very safe and is not invasive surgery.  I suggest that you have the correct operation, or else just hold off.

3)  When women love the shape of their new breasts, they forget about the scars, because they feel they made such a good tradeoff.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Need a photo

+1

A photo would be helpful -- but best go get an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. They will give you the answer.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Mastopexy

+1
Thank you for the question but it is really difficult to give you advice without seeing any photos. You might benefit from either a Mastopexy with or without reducing the size to improve the shape for a long lasting result. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS