What Are my Options for Shortening the Vertical Height of my Nose Without Tip Rotation? (photo)

Without rotating the tip of the nose what are my opinions for shortening a long nose? (radix to bottom of nose) Could you please explain the process also and how these methods are achieved Thanks

Shortening the Length of the Nose

+1

Deepening the radix will shorten the nose without rotating the tip. This would be  a good option for you to get more separation between the nose and the forehead.  Removal of the hump would give the illusion of a shorter nose.

What Are my Options for Shortening the Vertical Height of my Nose Without Tip Rotation?

+1

Option is a full rhinoplasty with hump reduction and nasal bone fracturing. Open or closed technique is acceptable. 

Shortening the Vertical Height of my Nose Without Tip Rotation?

+1

Thanks for the question.Closed Rhinoplasty that reduces the vertical height of nose by removing the extra height of the septum of the nose that is the partition between the two nostrils.Nasal tip rotation is performed when its asked by the patient otherwise on its own tip is not going to rotate any where.Wish you good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Shortening the nose

+1

You have to be very specific about what you want. Taking down the dorsal hump will lower the overall height and "starting" point of the nose. Removing caudal septum can help as well and that can also raise you tip which it too low.

Shortening a long nose

+1

There are only two ways to shorten the vertical height of the any nose. The first  technique is to lower the bridge  at the radix,so the new superior  starting point of the nose is lower at  the top. The other method to shorten the nose is to reduce any  prominent caudal septal show and nasal spine by trimming back  a hanging columella. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website  for you to try out to give yourself a better idea of what's involved with adjusting the bridge line of the nose.

Rhinoplasty to decrease the vertical height of the nose.

+1

Rhinoplasty to decrease the vertical height (length) of the nose involves no tip work but shortening the septum to shorten the nose without rotation with or without hump removal.

Length of Nose Correction

+1

Without tip rotation, dorsal hump reduction with preservation of radix height will make an improvement, and the caudal septum can be trimmed among other techniques.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA