What Are my Options for Permanent Lip Augmentation? (photo)

I would like a onetime only procedure that will fix my problem permanently. Is this possible? Also, more or less, what would be the cost. The first two pics are of my lips as they are. The 3rd is a photoshopped version of the 2nd picture showing my upper lip as I would like it to be. I don’t want any drastic changes. Judging from my desired results what is my best option, what would the price more or less be, and what would be the recovery time for this procedure?

Permanent Lip Augmentation

+1

For permanent lip augmentation there are many products on the market, and your plastic surgeon can give you more information on these implants and also tell if you are a good candidate.  With all of the fillers on the market, if my patients want more of a long term result, I talk to them about autologous fat grafting, which generally has many years of a sustained result. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Perma-Lip

+1

Perma-lip is a safe silicon formed implant has the feel and consistency of a "gummy bear" This is a permanent lip augmentation technique.  As a matter of fact we were the very first study center in the US studying the efficacy, safety and  results of permanent lip augmentation by Perma-LIP. We have inserted many with excellent results.

i am not a fan of liquid silicone injections in the lips as the "FREE" liquid particles of silicone will ignite foreign body reaction-granulation, with hardened deformed lips. But we have seen non of these when the silicone is in formed state and shape.

It is outpatient and it is done with local anesthesia. temporary bruises lasting days but results are permanent.

You may have just the upper lip augmented or both upper and lower lips. 

Algird R. Mameniskis, MD

Permanent lip augmentation

+1

Your option for permanent lip augmentation includes placement of silicone oil and a silicone implant. The silicone oil injection approach is not FDA approved, but works well if used properly by an experienced plastic surgeon. I have seen very good natural looking results with it.

The second, silicone implant is an office procedure that takes about 30 minutes and works extremely well. It is placed through small incisions at the corner of the mouth. It is also soft and natural looking.

I hope this helps you.

James Motlagh, MD
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Permanent Lip Augmentation

+1

I would recommend that you consider Permalip, which is a silicone implant. This is usually placed under local anesthesia in an office setting. The typical cost is about $2000 to $3000. You can select the implant width and length based on your lip anatomy and desired improvement. The typical recovery time is about 10 to 14 days.

Best Wishes,

Stewart Wang, MD, FACS

Lip augmentation

+1

Lip augmentation is popular in my office.

It is sometimes very difficult to get you the result you look for in a "photo shopped" picture. My observation is that most patients want bigger lips than on their photoshopped picture once the procedure swelling has gone. They very often like the looks and size  of their swollen lips .

I therefore often recommend just  for one time  filler for the patient to just see what they really want. The good  and the bad news are the filler will be absorbed after some time.

I like fat because it is soft and readily available. It is true some absorbs and I re do the procedure after a few months for free. The second time  the fat take is much better, it lasts for years and the patient also can tell better what they really  want. Combined with a face lift using some of the excised tissue is also an excellent choice.

Implants and Silicone make the lips firmer than I like. Alloderm is very expensive and adds to the costs.

Fat augmentation  done in the office under local anesthesia is $ 2000 +/-. Swelling and maybe some bruising lasts for 5- 10 days. It can be less noticeable with make up, lip stick and the like.

Guido P. Gutter MD
Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Permanent lip fillers

+1

There are many lip fillers out there. I would avoid the silicone injections because I have seen numerous problems over the years with it.  Fat injections can be done but they often need to be repeated because it is hard to get it to stay.  I have used facial tissues normally discarded during facelift.  Permanent implants in my opinion are not great.

Silikon-1000 may be used by experienced physicians for natural-looking, permanent Lip Augmentation.

+1

Silikon-1000 is a permanent, off-label filler that may work particularly well for smooth, natural, permanent lip augmentation. Several treatments are typically necessary for complete correction, and treatment intervals are monthly or longer.

I've attached a link to an interview I did for RealSelf regarding silicone lip injections.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip implants do great for the upper lip.

+1

There are several options for permanent lip augmentation. There are mainly 3 types of synthetic lip implants which all do good and take about 20 min under local to do easily for roughly $1500-2000/implant. They are easy to put in and easy to remove if later you ever wish it. Other options are Alloderm(human tissue) as well as fat injections can last 6 months to 3 yrs. which i am not a fan of these. Silicone injections are permanent but get lumpy after 3-4 yrs.and again i don't care for. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

What Are my Options for Permanent Lip Augmentation?

+1

I have performed many Lip Augmentations over the past 25 years.  The upper lip aesthetically should be approximately 75% the size of the lower lip which is significantly larger than what you have photoshoped.  For the 10-15% increase in upper lip size, that you are seeking, IMVHO Lip Implants using Alloderm (I prefer these) or silastic would give more augmentation than you are seeking.  For your particular case, IMO a with temporary filler like Juvederm or Restylane would be indicated.  If you select a Lip Implant, I suggest Alloderm however the results maybe more than what you have indicated.   

Permalip Implants for Permanent Lip Augmentation

+1

Based on your current lip shape and the desired amount of change that you want, a Permalip implant would be a good choice. Done under local anesthesia, a 3 or 4mm diameter tapered silicone implant can be inserted from small incisions on the inside of the corners of your mouth.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD