What are my options for lip augmentation? What would an estimated cost be for the work I need? (Photo)

Seeking a VERY fleshy,chunky,pouty,full result. I need the most help in the border- mine is very weak and undefined and I seek a very strong border that has a strong profile and protrudes out. I would like to know what the best PERMANENT option is for me. Lip lift and implants? I am in MD but am NOT opposed to travel. I fear under-correction and conservative doctors. I KNOW what I want and will not be talked out of it!! Which implant product and size would allow me to yield this result!

Achieving best aesthetic results during lip augmentation

+2
Personally, I have not been impressed with the aesthetics from any of the permanent lip augmentation options as they do not produce results that are as attractive or as natural as the hyaluronic acid fillers.  Juvederm Ultra or Restylane placed conservatively along your vermillion border would give it the definition you are looking for.  Since they are both smooth, and fluid, they would look and feel as if you were born with fuller lips.  

Lip Augmentation

+2
I honestly think you have lovely lips that are already nice and full and pouty. So I am not so sure I would be willing to augment them with filler. That being said, liquid injectable silicone is a wonderful permanent filler for lip augmentation. It augments very naturally and very little is needed to give a nice augmentation. Click on the link for before and after pictures of lips augmented with silicone. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD

Lip augmentation options

+1
Thanks for posting your desired result.  It appears simply augmenting your upper lip will do the trick.  You can consider fat grafting and/or silicone implants (not injections) as what I would consider your best options.  Much easier to remove if you do not like as opposed to injections.  Best to see a local plastic surgeon for more information.

Curtis Wong, MD