What Are my Best Options for Lessening the Appearance of my Scars? (photo)

I went on a camping trip in 6th grade. Even after applying bug repellant multiple times a day I still managed to bring fleas home. The fleas left many scars on my lower legs and feet. I am now currently in 9th grade and still suffering with these embarrassing scars. What are my options for treating these scars? I would like them to be gone or barely noticable by June, which is in about 5-6 months.

Treatment of dark insect bite scars on the legs and thighs

+1

Bug bite scars can be improved on the legs and thighs.  In my office, I recommend topical daily use of Melarase creams followed by once monthly MelaPeel treatments. 

What Are my Best Options for Lessening the Appearance of my Scars?

+1

Yes best to use a bleaching agent and or light laser therapy as the previous term expert stated. Seek in person evaluations. 

Scar improvement

+1
Since you are under 18, you should not be doing or purchasing anything without parental involvement. Ask your parents to take you to see a board certified dermatologist who can evaluate you and make a recommendation. Best of luck.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Dark Scar Treatments

+1

Hi Help.  We would first suggest a compounded and liquid form of hydroquinone.  Ours does not contain Retin A so is not irritating and is also compounded so it goes up to 8%.  It is applied with thin cotton pads.

If this was not effective after 2-3 months of use, we would use q-switched laser treatments.  The photos at the link below show similar issues and how we were able to do with them.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD