What Are my Options for Under Eye Bags?

I have some slight bags under my eyes, only visible with strong over head lights but I hate them. I don't really have lines, only when I smile big, but are there any actual OTC products? My plastic surgeon said injectables are tricky there, but is there a best way? Ps I don't want a lower eye lift. Thank you;)

Yes they are tricky.

+2

The solution is to find someone who is truly expert in performing lower eyelid fillers.  My father liked to say that if the butcher tells you the meat is bad, you should listen.  If they say don't have the service, this may simply be that they are no good at it.  Regarding the choice of products, I highly favor Restylane.  I do not like the so called "smooth" fillers like Juvederm and Belotero. 

Restylane for Under Eye.

+2

Hi Gscepi.  Dermal fillers are only tricky under the eye if you have not been trained on hwo to properly inject in this area.  

That does not mean that you are a good candidate for Restylane under the eyes, only that dermal fillers are an excellent option in this area with the right injector.  Take a look at the photos below to determine if you might benefit in the same way our patients have.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Non-surgical options fit under eye bags

+2

Seek another opinion from someone skilled in Restylane injections under the eyes. This may still be an option for you. In the right hands, this is an excellent treatment for many people with bags under the eyes.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bags under eyes

+1

This problem can also be treated by improving the skin quality rather than injecting fillers. I have seen very nice results with radiofrequency treatments, both sublative and ePrime. Fractionated CO2 can also improve skin texture. The advantage of radiofrequency is that it stimulates your skin to produce collagen and hyaluronic acid in a more natural way than filler injection.

Todd C. Becker, MD, PhD
Boulder Dermatologist