My skin is still loose under one side of my jaw. What are my options for a revision Facelift?

Surgery was dec16, 2014 face and neck lift. My neck on one side is loose just under my jaw it's very noticeable. Dr mentioned a revision by cutting around the ear again. I'm still sore to touch especially on that side. I had thread lift 8 yrs ago. My dr tried to get them all out but he said he couldn't ,maybe the ones that were buried to deep are causing swelling and pain?

One-sided loose skin after a Toronto facelift procedure

A #facelift procedure is an invasive surgery but a very gratifying one.

It is also true that previous threads make a #facelift and #necklift procedure more complicated.

You are still very early post-surgery.  Healing does not always happen at the same time between the right and left; swelling, bruising, position at night, etc.

Most of us plastic surgeons in #Toronto will recommend to wait 3-6 months after a procedure before going back into the same surgical field.  Going back to early will be met with more scarring and bleeding.

Once you've been patient and waited a bit longer, yes, the incision could be reopened and subsequent tightening could be performed.

Healing and surgery are not exact science and occasionally, small revisions are required.

I hope this helps!

Dr. Marc DuPere, #Toronto plastic surgeon, Toronto and Richmond Hill offices, 416-929-9800