What Are my Options for Close Together, Hollow, Small and Uneven Eyes? (photo)

close together, hollow, small, unnatural Is there a surgery that makes eyes further apart? Am I a candidate for this?

Uneven eyes

+1

Everyone has uneven eyes to some extent.  In fact, if you draw a line down the middle of our bodies and compare hands, feet, ears, breasts, eyes, etc., there is nearly always some degree of asymmetry.  That is normal.  Moving the eye sockets further apart requires extensive surgery with signficant risks.  It may be possible to "tweak" your eyelids and/or the area around your eyes to produce an aesthetic appearance you are more comfortable with while avoiding major surgical procedures.  Your best option is to be evaluated by someone who has expertise in both surgical and nonsurgical treatment of the eyelids, face, and eye sockets.

Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon

Uneven eyes

+1

Hello Megan

From the picture that you sent I can see why you might think your eyes are too close together.  There is a wide spectrum of normal concerning the position of the orbits on a person's face.  Unfortunately, changing their position requires extensive bony skull surgery which I would not recommend for such a minor cosmetic issue.  Focus on the other beautiful features of your face!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

Eyes close together

+1

Hello Megan,

I dont think your eyes look too close together, and definitely would not recommend surgery to bring them further apart. Posting some additional photos and a more detailed description of what you dont like would be very helpful.

Mitesh Kapadia, MD, PhD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Questions about wide set eyes

+1

You are not a candidate for craniofacial surgery to bring the eyes closer together. You could consider soft tissue fillers for the hollowness under the eyes.  The upper part of your nose looks a bit wide and this could be narrowed with a rhinoplasty if you feel the need to change your facial appearance.