What are my options for bizarre sudden sagging of face? (photo)

My face has suddenly sagged and dropped , my once plump cheeks are gone and I have been left with sagging , porous skin . 2 years ago I had beautiful skin and high cheekbones , often being mistaken for a teenager . Now, at 31 I look older than my years and no one can explain it. I have always looked after myself and I am devastated . Please help .

Sagging Cheeks

+2

I think that fillers may be a good option for you. At your age, I don't think that surgery is the right option for you.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Restore Volume to the Face

+1
Cheek fullness and loose skin are typically a side effect of growing older. I think you could be a great candidate for a non-surgical facelift. Non-surgical treatments produce almost immediate results, are less severe than traditional surgical procedures, can be performed in-office with little downtime, and are great for subtle contouring and loss of volume.

I see many patients for loss of volume in the cheek and under eye area. Sagging cheek and jawline skin could also be connected to loss of volume in the upper face, since the skin isn’t sitting as high on the face as it used to. Treating the upper area can help treat the lower half of the face as well.

By injecting fillers carefully, a plastic surgeon should be able to contour and reshape these areas and restore some of the plumpness and youth you may have lost in your face.

David Mabrie, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging face after 30

+1
Facial fillers will work very well for you.  They will help to restore your high cheeks and lift the sagging skin.  Best wishes!

Konstantin Vasyukevich, MD

+1

In agreement with other responder, would try non-surgical treatment first.  Thermi-RF (in office skin tightening and lifting with subdermal radiofrequency) works well to tighten skin with minimal (if any) down time, no scars, and is safe.

Steve Laverson, MD