What Are my Options For These Stretch Marks After Weight Loss?

I'm a 32yo male, set for an abdominoplasty at the end of July. I used to weigh 70 lbs more, but have been at my ideal weight for 10+ years. But I've had body issues all this time & I've intentionally covered up my body & tried not to think about it. Paying attention now, though, and I see that I have extra skin under my upper arms, near armpits. Stretch marks in the arm pits and inside of the arms, area itches. Can I do anything about this short of an arm lift? I don't have time for 2 surgeries.

Treating Stretchmarks

+1

In my pratice we utilize the Artisan 1540™: Fractional non-ablative laser to treat stretch marks that are fully developed and are white or light in color.

Fractional resurfacing is a selective treatment, that leaves the surface of the skin unharmed. Instead, the laser damages tiny columns of skin, creating hundreds of microscopic wounds that boost collagen production and help the body heal stretch marks.

Fractional non-ablative lasers boast a short recovery time – the skin will just be pink in the treated region for about a week.

Treatment of the lower abdomen takes about an hour and half, but it takes five to six treatments to see results. Sessions should be spaced three to four weeks apart.

Fractional lasers cannot remove stretch marks completely. After six treatments, the stretch marks should fade by about 50%.

I hope this information helps. Best of Luck,

Dr. Clevens

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks

+1

Depending on the extent of the excess skin and stretch marks, we have used Ultherapy which we have found to be very successful.

Ariel Ostad, MD