What's my Best Option For Capsular Contrature? (photo)

I now have capsular contrature for the 2nd time in 2 1/2 years. I've already had one capsulotomy and have it again. I am 35 years old and nursed two kids. (Im done having children) I have 300 cc over the muscle silicone moderate plus smooth implants. I have thin skin and little native breast tissue. I'm sure ill need a lift either way. I don't think I want to go under and have them replaced. Looking at taking them out. What am I looking at being left with? And what possible complications?

Fat Grafting Breast Augmentation

+1

Since your skin area is already stretched out you should be a good candidate for breast augmentation with fat transfer. We handle a lot of cases where women just give up with implant complications and do a fat transfer procedure. Your final size could be very close to your current implants but with a natural shape and feel. For best results you need to remove the implant and do the fat grafting during the same procedure.

What's my Best Option For Capsular Contrature?

+1

If you do not want to go with implants under the muscle, your best option would be to remove the implant and the capsule.  You can do fat transfer to add some volume since you mentioned that you have thin skin.  You may or may not need a lift - you would need a consultation to determine that.  You can see photos on our website of our Natural Fill (fat tranfer) procedure.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Multiple capsular contracture over muscle

+1

You can expect your breast to be deflated and smaller than when you first had your augmentation. I generally recommend under the muscle unless the woman is a high performing athlete who needs every fiber of their pecs to perform at a high level. Most us don't fall into that category. Under muscle provides more stable, thicker coverage over implant and has a smaller rate of capsular contracture. Just food for thought.

Raj S. Ambay, MD