What is my Best Option to Get Rid of Excess Fat Right Above my Belly Button? (photo)

I have always gained and lost weight, but over the past few years I have been around 130 pounds and I am 5'2'' - I am a female and 27. I feel very self conscious in a bathing suit or even regular clothes because it always pokes out. - What is the best treatment to get rid of the excess fat that bulges above my belly button? - How can I tell if I will have loose skin after liposuction and will it look bad? - Are there any treatments for skin elasticity?

Excess fat above bb

+2

Hi Coralee. I believe you are a good candidate for suctioning alone in that area. Be sure to consult with a board certified ps who does a lot of suctioning.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

The best treatment for loose skin over the abdomen is an abdominoplasty.

+1

The best result will be achieved by an abdominoplasty. Release of the umbilicus allows for redistribution of tension all the way from the chest to the pubic area. Any abdominal weakness will be repaired, excess fat removed, and excess skin as well.

What is my Best Option to Get Rid of Excess Fat Right Above my Belly Button?

+1

Liposuction will help with the fat, but the skin will be the issue.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Excess fat above belly button

+1

Based on your photo, I'd likely recommend just liposuction to achieve your goals.  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, tx

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Mini Liposuction for Abdominal Fat

+1

Mini Liposuction for Abdominal Fat -

1. Liposuction is the most traditional.
  2. Lasers and ultrasound may improve tightening but the science is weak.
  3. Cool laser is expensive and may work but takes time.

Liposuction with laser skin tightening

+1

The quickest, most reliable, one time treatment for this condition that I have found is laser assisted liposuction, such as SmartLipo, which removes the fat and uses the laser energy to induce tightening of the skin. Liposuction without skin tightening will likely lead to loose, flabby skin in the area around the naval. Laser liposuction can be performed under local anesthesia in a little over an hour with minimal recovery time. The full effect of the skin tightening takes about 3 months to achieve, but it really makes a difference! 

Robert J. Carpenter, MD
Cumberland Plastic Surgeon

Options for removing excess fat above the belly button

+1

Dear Coralee, there are a number of options for treating excess fat above the belly button.  These options include various types of liposuction, including ultrasound assisted ( Vaser liposuction) or laser assisted (Smartlipo), both of which can help with improving skin tone.  For even greater improvement a tummy tuck may also be an option.  There are also nonsurgical options which involve the use of external laser light (Zerona) or external freezing of the fat (coolsculpting) which also may be an option.  However, these non-surgical options will not result in as significant an improvement as liposuction or tummy tuck surgery.  To determine which option may be vest for you, seek out a board  certified plastic surgeon who has experience with the various options.  Best wishes. 

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting or Liposuction for Belly Fat Reduction

+1

Dear coralee5,

You may be a potential candidate for:

1. Coolsculpting, which freezes your fat noninvasively to sculpt your body without requiring surgery or downtime and is consistently effective.

and/or

2. Liposuction

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs the full range of cosmetic treatments including nonsurgical fat reduction (ie. Coolsculpting), liposuction, and tummy tucks.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD 

Larry Fan, MD

CoolSculpting for belly fat

+1

The non-invasive treatment of CoolScuplting may be a great treatment for you. CoolSculpting removes fat by freezing fat cells. These cells die and are then eliminated by the body. CoolSculpting  is an effective way to reduce fat without the risk and recovery
time of  surgical procedures.It takes 2 to 4 months to see the final outcome which allows the skin to shrink back slowly. The amount of loose skin remaining will depend on the elasticity of your skin.

Miguel Delgado, Jr., MD