Whats my Best Option for This Kind of Scarring? (photo)

I used nair on my face while I had some tiny active acne and now little by little its beginning to scar my cheeks...nothing too severe. Looks like mainly little ice pick scars everywhere but my skin has became super shiny which makes it more noticeable. I am 6 months pregnant so of course I have some more acne on top of that, I don't plan on doing anything until after but I'd like to know what my best options are based on the pictures, thanks!

Hello

+1

In our practice we have a few different solutions for your acne scars and pigmentation. We have DOT laser/ Profractional laser or a VIPEEL... Without examining you it’s hard to give adequate advice on what procedure would be the best for you. You should see a PS to give you the best option for your situation. Online you can read about all the procedure that is available to you.

These ice pick scars can be improved with some deep chemical peeling

+1

But I would wait until you are done with your pregnancy and your breast feeding. A multilayered approach is the best way to improve acne scarring.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon