Whats my Best Option?

I am currently a small B cup and wish to be a large D cup. I want them to look and feel real I am 5"1 and 100lbs and 18 years old. Along with this I have a medical condition called an atrical kidney I have no idea if this would effect what surgery I get or if I would be able to get implants. What is my best option?

Best Option for Me with Breast Augmentation Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the questions. 

In regards to your kidney “condition”,  you will be best off asking the physicians who know you best about breast surgery and the kidney condition. Assuming normal renal function, I doubt that there will be any problems undergoing the breast augmentation procedure.

In regards to the breast augmentation procedure and the best option for breast implant size/type, the best online advice I can give  you is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “perky size D” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Silicone, retro-pectoral implant BEST

+1

You have given us your cup size but not your bra size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  From this you can calculate the volume you need to go from a B to a D.  Since you are 18, you can only have saline implants.  Silicone implants are not approved unless you are 22.  The best position for implants is retro-pectoral because the muscle provides extra padding making it feel more natural and provides long term support.  Prior to this, you have to be cleared for surgery if you have kidney disorder.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

Proper medical clearance is certainly appropriate for elective, cosmetic procedures, but I would add that breast augmentation can be done with local anesthesia and IV sedation these days which would minimize any effect on your renal function. 

In my opinion and experience, the largest increase in size the breast will accommodate without undo risk of distortion, problems, and unnaturalness is two cup sizes. Thus it is not wise to try to go from a small B cup to a large D cup in one operation. 

Implants are sized by matching the diameter of the implant to the internal width of the breast and choosing a forward profile from low to high (not called that in gels). As mentioned in another response, you are not "approved" for silicone gel-filled implants (for reasons that seem political rather than medical), so the maximum would be a high profile saline-filled implant scaled to the width of your breast. This would be an Allergan (Natrelle) implant as Mentor doesn't have a high profile saline-filled implant scaled appropriately to the width. 

With subpectoral placement of the implant to look "real", you would look like a small D if you are a small B cup now. The problem of "feel" is a separate issue and gel-filled implants would be better than saline-filled on that issue, but the government will not allow you to choose gel-filled implants currently. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

+1

Without pictures or seeing you in person, it is impossible to give you specific advice.  However, going from a B cup to a D cup is a definitely possible with breast augmentation.  Achieving a natural result is always very important and is why the surgery and the implant choice have to be customized to the patient's anatomy.  There are a few types of implants to choose from, including saline, silicone and the newer, gummy-bear type implants which are anatomically shaped.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Breast augmentation options

+1

The first thing you can do is go for a consultation with a plastic surgeon to better evaluate what implants would be good for you.  Do you mean "atrophic" kidney?  Either way, you n eed to see your kidney specialist to m ake sure you have medical clearance for surgery.

Breast Augmentation and Sizing

+1
As long as your kidney function is normal, there should not be an issue with anesthesia and surgery. If you're not sure about your kidney function, you will require some lab work and possible clearance from your Internist or Nephrologist prior to surgery.
With regard to implant choices to enlarge your breasts from a B to a D cup there are a number of things to consider. Your chest circumference and breast width are very important factors when choosing an implant.
Your current height and weight shows that you have a very petite frame. It's not going to take a large implant to become a D cup. For example, a 250cc implant in a very small person may bump someone up 2 cup sizes. But, for someone who is 6'0" and 150 lbs, they may bump up 1 cup size because their chest circumference and breast width are much wider.
The best thing to do is to try on some sizers in a non-padded bra at your plastic surgeon's office to figure out what you think looks good. Don't get hung up on cup size. After you've made your decision, ask your surgeon if he or she thinks the implant you've picked would safely fit within your body's measurements. 
In general, an implant is selected with a diameter that will fit within your breast width. An implant that is too large for your frame is fraught with potential complications.
By the way, Since you are less than 22 years of age, you would not be eligible for silicone implants.
Thank you for your question and best of luck!

Gregory C. Park, M.D.

Gregory Park, MD

Breast augment options

+1
See your nephrologist to determine whether he will clear you for elective, cosmetic surgery. If you are cleared, you will have the options of both silicone and saline implans. At your age, I would caution against going too large. First, you may not have the skin coverage to permit such a large implant; second, if you gain weight through your 20s, then you will may become too top-heavy. Deciding on breast implant options is definitely a process which shouldn't be rushed so, if you are clearable for surgery, begin to explore your options and weigh them carefully.

Robert L. Kraft, MD