My nurse gave me 2.5 of botox in my forehead and around my eyes been a week and cant see any effect at all?

My nurse gave me 2.5 of botox in my forehead and around my eyes been a week and cant see any effect at all

As an injector with more than 20 years experience injecting Botox, I can tell you that 2.5 units spread in that number of places could not possibly give you noticeable changes.

If, in fact, the nurse injected 25 units, or some amount far closer to the normal ranges, and you still see no results, then you may be one of those persons whose body is responding to the protein "junk" adjacent to the active part of the Botox.  In those persons, the Botox works less well than it does in other people and/or wears off faster.  In that case, being injected with Merz's Xeomin (called "naked Botox" by us facial plastics docs, and "better Botox" by a growing number of patients), which is the active part of the Botox minus the "protein junk", will likely relax those muscles for you.  And here's a bonus: Xeomin typically costs patients 10-20% less than Botox.  The Xeomin is injected in the same way and amounts as Botox.

Clarify how much

I would find out if she injected 2.5 units or reconstituted Botox with 2.5 cc.  Even then, you should find out how much was injected.  For women, I usually inject about 8 units into the forehead.  Frown lines - about 20-30 units and crows feet 8-12 units per eye.  Everyone is different, but if you wait 2 weeks, what you see is what you get.  I really can't emphasize enough how important it is to be treated by someone qualified and experienced.

Jennifer T. Haley, MD, FAAD
Scottsdale Dermatologist

Botox Results

Thank you for your question. Botox and all other neurotoxins are best evaluated at 2 weeks. Then you will have a good idea of what you will have. I hope this helps.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

2.5 units of Botox, expect nothing

I don't think that 2.5 units can do much of anything for the forehead. I don't even know how much she had to dilute it to spread that little amount out. Does your nurse have experience with this? I would be careful who I had injecting me and be certain that they are well trained.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Very peculiar indeed...of course if you mean that the

entire dose of botox was 2.5 won't see any benefit...too low a dose to see any results...go back and ask what the 2.5 means...can sort of tell from the bill...if it was very low...say less than $100...then you can be certain you didn't have enough...on the other hand if you mean 25 units...than you should see some fairly good results...let us know in a follow up note what was done and how much was used...

Ken Landow, MD

Need more botox to see adequate improvement

I'm not sure what 2.5 is. If you are suggesting that you were treated with 2.5 units of Botox for all those areas, that would have no effect even if you wait 7-10 days. Depending on the individual's age and muscle density as well as extent of expressive rhytids, I generally treat the forehead, glabella and crow's feet with 50-70 units of Botox and advise my patients that it takes 72 hours to start seeing the results and up to 10 days for full effect of the treatment. I would suggest you have a more in depth conversation with your provider about adequate Botox treatment to achieve your cosmetic goals.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox Dosing

This sounds like a very small dose for these areas and that may be why you are not seeing results. I usually inject 8-10u in the forehead, 18-22u in the glabella/between the brows, and 7-12u on each side of the eyes. Additionally, I advise patients to wait up to 10 days while their Botox kicks in before any touch ups. Good Luck!

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon

Botox usually takes 7-10 days to fully see result from your treatment. If you're not seeing any difference, contact your medical provider to further assist with this issue

Onset of Botox

It can take up to three weeks for Botox to reach it's peak of activity - so hang in there. As to the dose, if it was 2.5 botox units, that would be a very tiny dose for the entire forehead area or crow's feet area. 10-15 units in the crow's feet would be more typical.