Is it possible to make my nostrils smaller? (I have an asian nose, please help!) (photo)

I'm half Indonesian, and I hate how wide the base of my nose is and how obvious and round my nostrils are. Is it possible to somehow get the sides of my nose cut/taken in for a cuter shape? Like a pixie-ish shape I guess. I don't want the sides of my nostrils to stick out, I just want to have a small button nose. Is that possible, and how would you the surgeon do it? Thanks! Iris

Is it possible to make my nostrils smaller?

+1

The size of the nostrils can be reduced with an alar base reduction. I would recommend an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He or she will be able to evaluate your nose in person and provide you with advice. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Is it possible to make my nostrils smaller? (I have an asian nose, please help!)

+1

An alar base reduction will make the nostrils smaller. I would recommend narrowing and refining the tip as well for better balance. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Alar base reduction

+1

It is possible to make the nostrils smaller with a procedure known as an alar base reduction. In the procedure a portion of the circumference of the nostril is removed much like taking a link out of a chain, to create a smaller nostril

Jeremy Hunt

Jeremy Hunt, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

#AsianRhinoplasty

+1

You have a typical asian nose with a round tip and oblique oriented/round nostrils. The nostrils can be altered by rolling the tip cartilages together/forward and suturing them together with or without a cartilage graft. The nostril base width is narrowed by removing a wedge from the lower outer corner of the nostril and/or thinning the tissue inside the rim of the nostril. You could keep the pixie shape by minimizing work on the bridge of the nose.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Aaron Stone, MD

Are thinner nostrils possible?

+1

Hi there,

Yes, you can have the nose shape you desire, as long as you're realistic, and you're pixyish desire is not TOO small.

It would require a well planned rhinoplasty - it's more than just the nostrils, your tip will need to be made finer as well.

When you're ready, have a consultation with a plastic surgeons who has rhinoplasty expertise, and all the very best.

Howard Webster, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

+1

Many thanks for the question. From the single photo it seems you have large and flared nostril along with wide tip of nose.These can be corrected by tip plasty and alar plasty.wich you good luck

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon