My Nostrils Show Too Much After Rhinoplasty. Is This Just Swelling? (photo)

I had Rhinoplasty 7 days ago and my splint was taken off yesterday. I understand im still swollen but all you can see front on is my nostrils and im really worried. Will this go away? Also my nose seems really upturned? Am i just having post-op anxiety?

Looks like you will achieve a great result

+2

Hello Hollie,

It appears that you will achieve a great result.  Part of your rhinoplasty involved rotating and reducing the tip of your nose which automatically changes the appearace of your nostrils.  The swelling seen at 7 days after surgery will make this even more apparent.  I think you will end up being very happy with your results as the healing process continues.

Dr. Remus Repta

Open nose lip angle might close a bit as swelling subsides.

+1

The angle between the columella and the upper lip is opened in the photograph shown. This would explain excess of nostril show. This may indeed improve as swelling subsides.

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

7 days is still very soon after surgery, and you will be near the peak of your swelling. Swelling can create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. It is not abnormal for the tip to be turned up after surgery. It generally relaxes to its final position within 1-2 weeks of surgery, and may take longer depending on the patient. I would give it some time and see how you continue to heal. In the meantime, your surgeon should be able to answer any post-operative questions you have. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty results

+1

Your rhinoplasty looks good with an appropriate post op result. There will be swelling for up to a year so be patient. I think your nostrils look a little large but these can be reduced at a later date.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

My Nostrils Show Too Much After Rhinoplasty. Is This Just Swelling?

+1

This early after rhinoplasty, it is premature to be concerned about the final result.   The swelling is going to be very prominent at this early stage.                          

Kenneth Hughes, MD                                                                                                          Los Angeles, CA

Nostril show gets better with time after rhinoplasty.

+1

Hi.

It really looks like you will have a very nice result after your rhinoplasty.  I would not worry.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)