My nostrils reduction looks and feels weird..am I in trouble? (photo)

I had my nostrils reduced 14 days ago, stuters were out in 6 days My left nostril looks fine, the scar on the left is weird, the scar's valley-looking The size is similar but when I pinch them close, the left feels bulkier and hurt more. the inside's fine and doesn't look like a Q-deformation. but the outside that's bothering me. when the stitches were in, the right looked fine but the left scar was too deep, they switched. I'm scared, it looks as if it'll heal to look permanently like this!

My nostril reduction looks and feels weird..am I in trouble?

+1

It is simply too early to make determinations on final healing.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

Post alar base reduction

+1

You are early in the process of healing. The incisions appear to be designed appropriately and the early post-op picture looked fine. I agree with you about the nostril scar line on the left at 2 weeks out. The suture line does not appear to be well-aligned giving the appearance that the nostril is "stuck" onto the face. Again, however, you are only 2 weeks out and the scar will continue to mature over the next 6 weeks. If there is any concern, speak to your surgeon and he/she should be able to address your concerns.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

14 days after nostril reduction

+1

At fourteen days after a nostril reduction, it is too early to tell due to swelling. It will take 6 months to a year to see the final result.