Are my nostrils too flared and how can this be corrected? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty/septoplasty done 7 months ago. My tip was rotated slightly upwards, but since then my nostrils flare out a lot more than before. What is the way to fix this so my nostrils dont stick out too much? My procedure was done using a closed approached. Thanks for your help

Flared Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+1

Without a picture of the base of your nose I cannot tell how flared the nostrils are. If necessary the contour of nostrils can be improved under local anesthesia in the future. Discuss this with your surgeon.

Early revision surgery after rhinoplasty - is it a good idea?

+1

Rhinoplasty is a very complex operation. The changes are in millimeteres and swelling is the rule. The nose will change for a year even two years if the skin is thick. You really do not want to have a second operation early in the healing period. It is critical to compare your pre-op pictures with your current pictures, with your rhinplasty surgeon to see how the changes are in line with what you talked about before the procedure.

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Are my nostrils too flared and how can this be corrected?

+1

You could consider alar wedge resection to decrease the flare you see. But best to discuss with your surgeon In PERSON.//

Alar surgery

+1

noonoo127, I typically perform alar rim surgery 3-6 months after a rhinoplasty. Historically this ends up occuring on around 8% of my primary rhinoplasties. Flaring can be improved with a Weir procedure and excess width with a nostril sill procedure. Frequently these two procedures are combined. See several experienced surgeons and look at photos and decide from their. Good luck!

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Alar base reduction can be performed in the future to reduce the apparent nostril width. This is not a big procedure, and your nose will continue to change for a year or so after surgery.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php