Can I Make my Nostrils Bigger by Blowing, Moving, and Opening Them Too Much with the Nose Muscles After Rhinoplasty?

I had Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty done about three weeks ago. I've been getting really bothersome mucus that makes my nose itchy, crusty and obstructed. I've been going to the doctor once a week to get it cleaned, but sometimes I get horrible mucus throughout the week, so I blow it out after using my saline solution for cleaning. I don't blow my nose like with tissue paper, I don't touch the outsides. I just make them go down and pull them out. Could this dramatically change the nostrils looks?

Blowing the nose after rhinoplasty

+1

This should not have an impact on the appearance of your nostrils. I would recommend following up with your surgeon, as they know the details of your procedure and will be able to advise you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com

+1

If alar base reduction was performed, it is possible to cause separation at the incision line.  At 3 weeks though, this is less likely.  If there is any concern, get an exam from your surgeon.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Nostril appearance after rhinoplasty

+1

At three weeks I am sure you still have a lot of swelling. With time, the shape and size will change a bit as the swelling dissipates.

Rhinoplasty Post Op

+1

What you are describing will not change the size of your nostrils.  Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon regarding the issues you are having. He knows the procedure that was done, and can best guide you to recovery.  Best wishes!

Nasal appearance after rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nostrils will not change dramatically by doing the things you are describing.