Can I Have my Nostril Narrowed Down After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Dear Doctors, I'm Asian women and had Close Rhinoplasty 3 weeks ago, my doctor used Medpor to raised my bridge and trimed my tip but I don't have my nostril trim down. My tip still so swollen and look so big now but I understand that I have to wait and be patience at least for 6 months - 1 year, my question is can I have revision Rhinplasty to trim my nostril only without disturb any part of my nose ? I'm not happy how my nostril look so big still and bigger than another, thank you.

Naughty Nostrils

+2

Three weeks is a good start, the the race is not finished until you cross the finish line at six months.  Check your time (nostrils) at race's end and then let's talk again!  In the mean time, please keep your follow-ups with your surgeon.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Narrowing Nostrils after Rhinoplasty

+2

You clearly understand that healing should progress before having any revisions. Your nostril contour and width may change over the next few months but I agree that narrowing the base of your nose will probably be necessary to achieve the best result. This can be done without disturbing the rest of your nose. Enjoy!

Rhinoplasty revision

+2

It is way too soon to know what your nose will finally look like after your surgery. It does not look like the alar base was reduced and if this bothers you will need additional surgery to narrow it. That can be easily done without "disturbing" other parts of your nose.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Nostril narrowing

+2

It is quite normal to have some asymmetry this early after nasal surgery, but patience is best at this time before you can judge the final result or need for revision.  Your nostrils could be narrowed and evened out under local anesthesia later if needed by alar base resections.  I would recommend that you discuss this with your surgeon. 

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Narrowing

+2

Hi,

As your swelling goes down you should get more definition in your tip. As far as your nostrils are concerned you can have a reduction with the width or height or both. 6 months is a good time to wait for swelling to resolve.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/asian-rhinoplasty.htm

When to revise

+2

It is generally not advisable to operate on the nose before it is healed. The nose will change in allparts as swelling subsides and to operate on an isolated part without affecting the others is impossible

Wide Nostrils After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Based on your photos, your nose would look better hence your face if your nostrils were narrower.

With that perspective, a revision alarplasty could be performed to achieve your goal without the need to modify other parts of your nose that have already been addressed.

However, the gold is within the waiting game. As you have clearly stated in your post, you will have to look forward to the 6 and 12 months post-op marks. You will need to be patient and let nature take its course because only when the end results of your surgery are established that a fair and well-informed decision can be made toward a revision surgery.

That being said, please remember that commendable results require an exceptionally skilled surgeon to perform the surgery and settling for anything less than that increases the chances of additional corrective surgeries dramatically.

I hope this helps and please feel free to check the website below.

Thank you for your inquiry.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com