6 weeks post op, Is My Nostril Look Complete Opposite from Each Other?

I'm 6 weeks post op today and my nostrils look total opposite. Dr used graft to build my tip n lengthen it.My right nostril flares out and my left nostril points up. My right nostril also has a skin like thing I'm not sure if its graft but its in my right nostril and not on my left nostril. I'm guessing maybe this is why my nostrils look opposite of eachother. Help? Will the skin thing in my right nostril go away as my nose heal? Maybe then my nose will balance

Nostrils Different Size and Shape

+1

Please provide some photos for review. There is a chance that your nostrils will become more symmetrical with time. But the reality is that everyone has some degree of asymmetry when it comes to nostril shape and size. 

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetrical nostrils 6 weeks post op

+1

Thanks for the question. I have no idea how to answer you without pictures. I am sorry but kindly float your pictures or visit your PS.
Wish you all the best

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

6 Weeks after Rhinoplasty Asymmetric Nostrils

+1

Asymmetric nostrils are the norm among humans.  At 6 weeks you are still swollen and the scar has yet to soften.  Nostril shape may change substantially depending upon how you look now.

Nostril issues after rhinoplasty

+1

Thanks for the post, but without an in person visit or at the least photos, I really can not comment. 

Nostrils asymmetric after rhinoplasty

+1

Hard to comment without pictures.

Wait a full 6 months to see final results.  If you are not where you want to be you will need to address your concerns with your surgeon.  If you lose confidence it is important to get an opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with a lot of experience with revision rhinoplasty.  Be sure to see a comprehensive portfolio of pre- and post-op revision work so you can gauge the surgeon's expertise.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Nostril Assymetry

+1

Dear Jok1979, 

Photographs would be very helpful in determining what your exact problems are. Without photographs I would suggest bringing this discussion on the table as soon as possible with your surgeon. He/she will know best where you are in the recovery phase and hopefully may help you set your mind at ease. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD