Will my nostril go back to normal?

Yes, I have to admit I use to pick my nose. The other day I realised that one nostril is bigger? If I stop picking my nose will it eventually go back to normal size?

Will my nostril go back to normal?

+1

If there is nostril asymmetry that you would like corrected, I would recommend an exam to determine if anything may be done.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Nostril Asymmetry

+1
Your nostril asymmetry will probably not change over time. I don't believe the asymmetry is related to any of your actions. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Best wishes

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Will my nostril go back to normal?

+1

It's unlikely that your nostril symmetry will improve. However, it's worth a try. Stop manipulating your nose for 3-6 months and see what sort of results you achieve. If that doesn't work, alar base surgery can be performed to improve symmetry.

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose picking

+1
If one nostril is larger than the other it is unlikely to go back to normal, it is also unlikely to be caused by nose picking. It is quite common to have differences in the shape and size of the nostrils which can be caused by a number of factors eg a crooked septum.

I would suggest you get reviewed by a plastic surgeon with a specialty interest in rhinoplasty surgery for an opinion.

Hope it goes well.

Damon Thomas FRACS

Damon Thomas, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon