Can my Nostril Asymmetry Be Fixed? I Had my Tip Plasty Refined but Nostrils Noticably Different Size?

One year ago I had a slight hump reducton and tip plasty, but I would now like to correct the nostril asymmetry. Would this be easily done? It is bugging me sooooooo much You can see from the picture it literally only needs to be corrected a tiny bit, the nostril asymmetry makes my nose appear 'on the wonk' as some may say!

Nostril Assymetry

+1

What you are describing sounds like it can most likely be fixed. It's best to visit an expert facial plastic surgeon who can examine you in person to know which procedures will benefit you most. A revision rhinoplasty procedure is very safe when performed by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Nostril Asymmetry Bothering You

+1

Jennie, what you seem to be looking for is a finesse type of revision rhinoplasty that targets just the nostril region. This can likely be done in the hands of an experienced, board certified rhinoplasty expert. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry

+1

When something only needs to be corrected a "tiny bit" it is often best to leave it alone. It's best to have a consultation to review your concerns and see what your options are. 

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril asymmetry can be improved

+1

Nostril asymmetry may result from a number of issues. It can be from actual differences in the shape of the nostril skin. The tip cartilages can be different or scarred differently following surgery. Sometimes its a result of a crooked tip, which is from a crooked bottom of the seputm. Lastly it can be from abnormalities in the bridge between the nostrils called the columella.

I suggest you speak with your surgeon or seek a revision rhinoplasty spcialist to get more definitive answers.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Nostrils Asymmetric after Rhinoplasty Surgery?

+1

Given that your nostril asymmetry seems to be of significant concern to you, you will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced board certified rhinoplasty surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.  Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. This in person examination will be much more helpful to you than on line consultants can be.

Fixing nostril asymmetry

+1

Photos would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice, but nostril symmetry can likely be improved with an additional surgery. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as he/she knows the extent of your initial procedure and will be able to provide you with recommendations. I hope this helps, and best of luck!  

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Nostril asymmetry

+1

Some nsotril asymmetry is normal but without photos and better yet an exam, it is difficult to assess what could be done for you.

Nasal tip asymmetry following a rhinoplasty

+1

There are many problems that can contribute to nasal asymmmetry following a rhinoplasty.  The fix could range from simple to complex.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best position to know the etiology of the problem and solution.  

Rhinoplasty San Diego

+1

Of course a photo would be most helpful. Here cab be several causes of nostril asymmetry. If the sizes are different, there is a simple procedure in which a segment is resected from each nostril, called alar wedge resection, for which you may be a candidate. Please send photos, thanks.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Nostril Assymetry

+1

Dear Jennieokee, I am sorry to tell you that the photograph you discuss above is not visible on the site. If you would like to send one to my email address below I would be happy to give you further expert opinion. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD