My Nostril Doesn't Look and Feel Okay Post-op? (photo)

That nostril bled a lot couple of days post op and today it looks like this. Was the stitches made poorly and now its open? my nose also looks more crooked.

My Nostril Doesn't Look and Feel Okay Post-op?

+1

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more.  Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary,  etc.

Nostril Post Op

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to answer your question.  In general, it takes weeks to months for all the swelling to disappear.  Your nose could look crooked because of more swelling on one side.  Most likely you have sutures in your nostrils that will dissolve over time. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for your best result!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD