My Nose's Shape Seems to Be Deteriorating Nearly 5 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

There appears to be a new bump forming on the bridge, the supposedly upturned tip appears very bulbous + heavy, underneath, the gentle curve that i wanted has dissappeared and now appears to be straightish with the bump returning. The tip certainly is far from upturned, when I really wanted this.Just need to know if these factors are due to natural healing or something more sinister, thank you. ( I don't know how to upload a picture.)

Collagen growth is at its highest amount at the 4-6 week period

+1

Thank you for the question.  As you can imagine its a bit hard to know what has been done and what is possibly occurring without before and after photos.  We do know, however, that the amount of collagen that the body produces is at its highest between 4-6 weeks after surgery.  I would wait until about 3 months to start evaluating your nose shape and would probably wait until 6-12 months for revision rhinoplasty.

Dr. Remus Repta

Nose shape changing after rhinoplasty

+1

There is a great deal of swelling after rhinoplasty that needs to resolve over time. You should follow up with your surgeon and allow him to examine and address your concerns.

If you could post your pictures, we can give you a more accurate answer.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Nose Shape Deteriorating 5 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

All noses change as swelling resolves after rhinoplasty. It is impossible to assess your result 5 weeks after surgery. Be patient but share you concerns with your surgeon.

Nose and post-op

+1

At five weeks you may have a lot of swelling, so I would give it time to settle down before getting too upset.

Nose Shape Deteriorating

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without seeing your pictures – you should consider posting images showing different views of your nose

Sam Naficy, MD

Five weeks after rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely that five weeks after rhinoplasty, results will deteriorate. There is just too much to sort here without pictures.