What Could Be Done to my Nose? (photo)

Hello, I have been seriously thinking about getting a rhinoplasty done in the UK or in the US. After many research, I found that it would be better for me to have it done with an experienced ethnic rhinoplasty surgeon which is hard to find in the UK. However, I am willing to travel to get it done. For my nose, I find it wide with big nostrils. How could the width and nostrils be reduced?

Reducing width of nose tip and nostrils

+1

Narrowing the nostrils is performed through alar based incisions, known as an alarplasty.  About 4-6 mm of skin at the floor of the nose will need to be removed to narrow the alar base.  Tip suturing techniques to narrow the tip cartilages are also performed at the same time as well as Osteotomies to narrow the nasal bones and sidewalls.  This can all be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques without making the incision across the columella which is very important, most particularly in darker skinned individuals.

Ethnic rhinoplasty

+1

I treat a lot of patients of many different ethnicities because New York is truly the melting pot of the world. Of course an exam in person is critical to really tell what can be achieved for you. Good luck.

African American rhinoplasty.

+1

Your nose can have the base narrowed and the tip and bridge refined,etc. I have found over the past 35 years of doing noses such as yours that creating a refined version of A-A noses best; not trying to make them into Caucasian overdone noses. 

Ethnic Rhinoplasty - Narrowing the Nose

+1

It's obvious from your photos that you are an attractive woman whose nose is just out out of proportion to the rest of her facial features. A procedure for you would probably include a narrowing of the nostrils, refining of the tip to better define and project it as well as narrowing of the nasal bones. Your profile seems fine to me although you may prefer to have it raised some. What ultimately could be done would depend upon what your specific goals are and how talented your surgeon is. You should be able to see attractive changes for the better after a nasal surgery with an experienced Plastic Surgeon.  Best of Luck    Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO