What Should I Do About my Nose? It is too Pointy and Big For My Face. (photo)

I am 18 and have always been self conscious about my nose. I wanna do something about it since I will be going to college this fall. I am really shy and I don't want to be like that anymore, and I fell like my nose is the main reason why I am shy. It is pointy, big for my face, and sticks out far. I would like to get the tip brought in so it doesn't stick out far, and overall everything just smaller and fit my face better. Is anything possible to make it look better, honestly? Please help!!!

Rhinoplasty

+1

If you are shy I do not think it is because of your nose. Although you may be attributing shyness to it that does not necessarily make it so. Having the surgery to cure shyness is not a good idea. Having the surgery to change something you specifically want changed is a much better idea. As far as your nose being too long or large I am not sure that either is the case. When I measure your nasal proportions in your posted photos I see the 1/3 2/3 proportion rules present. I also see that the lower third of your face is visibly smaller in height than the middle third which makes the nose appear longer. The obvious nasal alterations that I can see to improve things are slightly raise the tip and trim/reposition the tip cartilages to address the parentheses appearance of the tip.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Rhinoplasty and possible chin augmentation

+1

One can see in your photos your concerns about a nose that is slightly too long and somewhat larger than the rest of your facial features. I think rhinoplasty and possible chin augmentation would go a long way in addressing your concerns and improving your facial balance. Computer imaging will help you determine if such procedures can acheve the changes you desire and how significant the nose and chin changes need to be to achieve a better look.

Pointed Nose

+1

A great idea for you is a FREE consultation with a Cosmetic Rhinoplastic Surgeon!  They will take the time to evaluate you and discuss your options from photos and computers, etc.  Best to you.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

A rhinoplasty can improve the concerns that you have.  Adjusting the dorsum and length, and tweaking the tip.  An exam in person is key.

What to do about my nose

+1

A rhinoplasty will improve your nose quite a bit and address your concerns. Your thoughts about timing are quite common. This happens to be one of the busier times of the year for my rhinoplasty practice as many teens like yourself who are finishing high school have planned to come in now and "reinvent" themselves before going off to college and introducing themselves to a totally new social group. A rhinoplasty will give you confidence but it will still be up to you "break out' of your shyness and make new relationships happen.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Will rhinoplasty help me?

+1

Your tip is slightly bulbous, and would benefit from slightly more rotation (this will make the nose appear shorter as well) and from slight decrease in projection.  Your bony dorsum is deviated to the left. So, overall, you seem to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty that should address all these issues. make sure you find a good rhinoplasty specialist who you would be comfortable with, and good luck.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Lex, I am in agreement with you and a rhinoplasty is in order. This is a straight forward case and you can expect a great end result. I have seen this so many times in my practice where a young lady feels self conscious about her appearance comes in and has a corrective procedure and the problem is solved. Let me validate your concerns and tell you that this is the perfect time to have your procedure done. You will start college with self confidence. Schedule a consultation as soon as possible with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

"Rhinoplasty for nose Concerns"

+1

Hi Lex,  Based on what I see in the front view photo, you have a slight deviation of your nose to the left and perhaps have a slightly fuller appearance to your nose than the rest of your face. I would like to see the bridge and the tip of your nose more refined in the frontal view.   Interestingly, your nose appears refined from the profile view and is in better balance with the rest of your face.  I agree that there is a slightly long appearance to your nose which would be addressed.  As always, an in person evaluation by an experienced nose surgeon is invaluable to see what works best for you.  I hope this helps.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Rhinoplasty to Reduce Nose and Change Shy Personality

+1

The projection of your tip can be improved and your profile reduced with rhinoplasty surgery.  However the are many outgoing confident individuals with a big nose. During consultation with a patient like yourself I will describe what can be changed with surgery but I will suggest that they see a psychologist or psychiatrist to decide if a change in the appearance of their nose will give them what they want -a change in their personality.