My Nose Looks Worse 9 Months Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I had an open Rhinoplasty 9 months ago to fix a dorsal hump, the swelling in my nose has been going up and down, and I have a scar tissue under the skin that doesn't seem to go away, my surgeon injected it with cortisone once then he decided it didn't need to be injected again and i was told that it will resolve on its own within a year but I'm afraid it's a Polly peak deformity, is there anything that could be done to reduce this or do I need a revision Rhinoplasty?

Polly Beak 9 Months After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Gia,

The Polly beak deformity your photos show could be corrected.

Revisions are more delicate than primary Rhinoplasties. So I recommend that you seek consultation with board certified surgeons of extensive experience in the field who will be able to advise you to make a well informed decision.

I believe that with the right approach your facial beauty will show greatly as your facial features will come together pretty well.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

9 Months Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Yes, it appears that you have a pollybeak deformity. If your surgeon is unable or unwilling to revise in the near future, then consult with 2 - 3 board certified plastic surgeons who are expert in rhinoplasty to understand your options.

Revision rhinoplasty for pollybeak.

+1

Yes you have a pollybeak and you need a revision done by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  There is no other way to permanently repair this. 

Pollybeak Deformity

+1

Hi,

Yes your 9 month post-op looks like a pollybeak deformity. There are soft tissue and cartilage pollybeak deformities. Most likely you have a cartilagenous pollybeak deformity that is not respond to cortisone injections. To fix your pollybeak you will most likely need a revision rhinoplasty.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com/rhinoplasty-surgery-complications.htm