10 Weeks Post-Op Rhinoplasty and My Nose is Wider After, Could it Still be Swelling? (photo)

i had rhinoplasty 10 weeks ago so i would have narrower nose. it is no wider than before. i cry everyday. i would like to show the before and after pics and get some advise. i have an appt with the surgeon in 3 weeks, he keeps saying it will get narrower, but i can feel how wide the bones are. i'm so depressed. i am crying as i type this. please help.

10 Weeks Post-Op Rhinoplasty

+1

It is very difficult to answer your question without knowing the details of your surgery - in general African noses have thicker skin which stay swollen longer 

Persistent wide nose

+1

I would expect your nose to still have swelling this soon after surgery. It's hard for us to say how much additional healing you have to go without an examination and knowing what was done during your prior surgery.

Continue to follow-up with your surgeon and discuss your feeling with him/her. If you trust your surgeon's experience they should be able to give you some reassurance.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Wider Nose 10 Weeks Post Rhinoplasty

+1

I agree with your observations but this may resolve as healing progresses. it is impossible to sa anything about the future without knowing what was done during your surgery. I don't know if it will help you right now, but this can be improved if you're not happy with the final result.

Rhinoplasty at 10 Weeks

+1

At 10 weeks after a rhinoplasty there is still substantial swelling. It is impossible,particullarly without knowing what was done surgically to predict your final result.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Swelling

+1

Yes - your nose is still healing and swelling. Have you gone back to the doctor that performed your surgery? Are they documenting your pictures and progress? Keep in mind that you are experiencing a lot of emotions right now. This is very common and normal. Try to keep positive and be open with your surgeon. 

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon